This policy shall cover all types of stipend or waiver or scholarship or any financial concession to any student in any name or under any head at any level of study which will be collectively called as "Waiver".
The university shall provide the following types of waivers to the student in a semester subject to the fulfillment of the conditions specified for each type:
1. Waiver for the Sons and Daughters of Freedom Fighters
2. Waiver for the Students of Remote and Underdeveloped Areas including Merit Based Scholarship
3. Sufi Mizan Foundation Stipend
4. Relational Stipend
The following categories of relational stipends are available for the students on meeting the general criteria at the rate(s) specified as under:
1. Each spouse student will get 25% waiver on tuition fees.
2. Each sibling student will get 25% waiver on tuition fees.
3. UITS employee relations will get 50% waiver on tuition fees provided the employee has to his/her credit one year of continuous services.
4. PHP family employee relations will get tuition fee waiver at a rate to be determined by the authority of PHP family.
5. Students pursuing graduate program on successful completion of undergraduate program at UITS will get 25% waiver on tuition fees and it will continue in the subsequent semester subject to the fulfillment of general conditions of waiver.
5. Waiver at the time of Admission
- 10.0 will get 50% waiver on tuition fees,
- 9.5 but less than 10 will get 45% waiver on tuition fees,
- 9.0 but less than 9.5 will get 40% waiver on tuition fees,
- 8.5 but less than 9.0 will get 35% waiver on tuition fees,
- 8.0 but less than 8.5 will get 30% waiver on tuition fees.
5.2. Students passing both SSC and Diploma with a combined GPA of
- 9.0 will get a 50% waiver on tuition fees,
- 8.5 but less than 9.0 will get 45% waiver on tuition fees,
- 8.0 but less than 8.5 will get 40% waiver on tuition fees,
- 7.5 but less than 8.0 will get a 35% waiver on tuition fees,
- 7.0 but less than 7.5 will get a 30% waiver on tuition fees.
6. Board of Trustee’s Stipend
7. Vice Chancellor’s Stipend
1. General Criteria for Waiver
1.1. The students shall produce all necessary papers in original (certificates, mark sheets of SSC, HSC, diploma, academic transcripts, freedom fighter’s certificate, relevant relationship certificate, and certificates relating to the particular area of living) and submit attested copies of all required papers.
1.2. The student must register for all the offered courses in the current semester.
1.3. The waiver given to a student shall continue in the subsequent semester on condition of earning the credits of all the courses registered in the immediate past semester.
1.4. Students having ‘F’ or ‘I’ or ‘Nil’ grade in any subject in the immediate past semester will not be eligible for any waiver.
1.5. Students having break of study in the immediate past semester will not be entitled to any waiver.
1.6. Student having report of misconduct or disciplinary action shall not be entitled to any waiver.
1.7. Unless the Vice Chancellor, in any individual case, directs otherwise, students having outstanding dues will not be entitled to get any financial waiver.
1.8. A student having eligibility for more than one category of waiver will in all get 100% waiver on tuition fees.
2. Selection Process
2.1. There shall be a waiver Awarding Committee Consisting of the following members for the award of waivers:
i. Vice-Chancellor, Convener
iii. The deans of school concerned
iv. Director, finance and accounts, Member Secretary
2.2. There shall be a Waiver Awarding Subcommittee for every school consisting of the following members:
i. Dean, Convener
ii. All heads of department
The subcommittee shall forward the list of eligible candidates for waivers to the waiver awarding committee for awarding of waivers within one week on receipt of final applications.
2.3. Registrar office shall invite application for waiver specifying data in prescribed form and it will after scrutiny, forward all eligible applications within five working days from the last date of submission of application for waiver, to the waiver awarding subcommittee;
2.4. Registrar office shall send final list of students to whom waivers have been granted based on SSC & HSC results, showing % of waiver, to the waiver awarding committee;
2.5. The waiver awarding committee shall determine the maximum number of waiver that may be granted in the particular semester;
2.6. After approval of the Vice-Chancellor, a copy of the final list shall be sent to Accounts & Finance section, for reporting to the next Finance Committee meeting; for subsequent approval of BOT.
2.7. The total process of awarding waivers shall have to completed within the first calendar month of each semester;
2.8 Tuition Fees already paid by an eligible student will be adjusted against tuition fee of ensuing semesters or will be refunded at the time of final clearance, which one comes first.