Mahfuz Ibn MannanAssistant Professor
Office:8899751; Ext.- 146
B.Sc. (Hon's) & M.S.
From University of Dhaka,
(1) Mahfuz Ibn Mannan, "The kinetics of pension economics along with its consequences and necessity of proper role and long-term commitments from the government of Bangladesh", IOSR Journal of Economics & Finance (IOSR-JEF) e-ISSN 2321-5933, p-ISSN 2321-5925. Volume 5, Issue 6. Ver. I (Nov-Dec 2014), P 25-29 ; DOI:10.9790/5933-05612529
(2) Mahfuz Ibn Mannan1, Md. Shahidur Rahman2, Mir Shariful Islam3, "Importance to construct indigenous mortality table from crude death rate for life insurance industry " IOSR Journal of Economics & Finance (IOSR-JEF) e-ISSN 2321-5933, p-ISSN 2321-5925. Volume 5, Issue 6. Ver. I (Nov.-Dec. 2014), P 15-18 ; DOI:10.9790/5933-05611518
(3) Mahfuz Ibn Mannan, "Incorporation of Actuarial Sciences education course in academic domain: its scope, necessity, expected efficacy and contribution, therein development proposal for Bangladesh" IOSR Journal of Economics & Finance (IOSR-JEF) e-ISSN 2123-5933, p-ISSN 2321-5925, Volume 5, Issue 6, Ver II (Nov.-Dec. 2014), pp 16-20 ; DOI: 10.9790/5933-05621620
(1) Mahfuz Ibn Mannan, Md. Shahidur Rahman, Mir Shariful Islam; “The kinematics of Crude death in assured lives in the demography of Bangladesh is visited and its proportional financial outcomes. The study finds the mismatched practice in the matrices of crude rates for decades in the life industry. Hence the necessary measure is suggested for life industry of Bangladesh.”,18th International Mathematics Conference jointly organized by Independent University, Bangladesh (IUB) and Mathematical Society of Bangladesh in the Independent University, Bangladesh in coming March 20-22, 2014.
(2) Mahfuz Ibn Mannan, M. Z. Hassan, M.K. Hassan;”Smoluchowski Equation is re-visited with exact and scaling theory supported by Monte Carlo simulation.”, Bose Conference on Contemporary Physics – 08 jointly organized by Physics Department, University of Dhaka and The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Trieste, Italy in the University of Dhaka in March 19-21, 2008.
Non-Equilibrium Statistical Physics, Econo-Physics, Financial Modeling & Actuarial Sciences
My research and thesis is on Non-equilibrium Statistical Mechanics (NESM) applied to Atomic Energy Commission. I presented my work at the Bose Conference of Contemporary Physics in March 2008 in the Department of Physics, University of Dhaka jointly organized by the University of Dhaka and the International Center for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Italy. I am also familiar with the world of financial Economics and actuarial science, my observation is that the methods and framework used in NESM are versatile, and especially applicable to actuarial science. For example, the concepts of fractals could be a very useful tool for actuarial dynamism. Further more, in particular, Aggregation could be a solid candidate for the development of statistical methodology used in actuarial studies. One of my goals is to introduce relevant concepts from the Physicists toolkit into Actuarial science & Financial Modeling.
Econophysics, Actuarial Mathematics, Statistical Physics
Wave, Optics & Thermodynamics [PHY 171]
Wave, Optics & Thermodynamics Lab [PHY 172]
Electricity, Magnetism & Modern Physics [PHY 173]
Electricity, Magnetism & Modern Physics Lab [PHY 174]
Probability and Statistics [MAT 263]
Introduction to Computer & Web Technology [CSE 101]
Computer Fundamental Application [CSE 151]
Computer Fundamental Application Lab [CSE 152]
|Extra Curicular Activites|
As columnist: I write on contemporary financial issues and actuarial sciences in the Financial Express, a daily newspaper [e.g.,
(a) I have an article with heading: “Actuary- The momentum generator for financial risks”, published on 23rd February 2011 for Bangladeshi competent students and professionals.
(b) In addition, I have another article with heading: “More students are showing interest in Actuarial studies as new opportunities are open up for professionals”, published on 26th January 2012 for Bangladeshi competent students and professionals.]
As Sportsmanship: I am a national Bridge player. I was a nominated player of Bangladesh to attend in World Mind Sports Bridge in Beijing, China in 2008.
I achieved President Scout Award in 1995 for my disciplined life. Also, I attended and successfully completed the 14th Asia Pacific Scout Jamboree in 1994.
I am a Part Qualified Actuary from the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA), UK
Web address: www.actuaries.org.uk
Web address: www.actuariesindia.org
Web address: www.actuaries.org
|Go Back | Print|